Configure the Zoom App in Salesforce
Obtain the Zoom API Key and Secret
You can get the Zoom API Key and API secret from a Zoom JWT app.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal as an account administrator. Navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace > Develop > Build an App.
- In the JWT tile click:
- View Here to display the API Key and secret for existing JWT apps.
- Create to generate a new API Key and secret. You don’t need to finish creating the new app.
- Click App Credentials and copy the API Key and secret.
Configure API Key and Secret
- Navigate to your Salesforce Admin Portal and open your Installed Packages page.
- Click configure next to Zoom.
- Paste your API Key and Secret from the previous section into the fields Zoom API Key and Zoom API Secret, respectively.
- Click Save.
Note: The User Settings below the Zoom Settings are personal settings for the current logged in user only.
Configure the Zoom Settings
These settings are for admins to set organization-wide settings.
Mail Default From Address
If you want to configure an outbound email for all your meeting invitation emails, you can add an Organization wide email address. Simply select your desired email address from the list for the field Mail Default From Address. For information on how to configure your Organization-Wide Email, see this section.
Populate Meeting Details in Event Description
If you would like to automatically populate meeting details into the description field of the event, check the box for Populate Details into Event Description. Note: If you are using Salesforce for Outlook, we recommend enabling this setting.
Disable Invitation Email
If you would like to disable the invitation email from sending, enable this setting.
Enable Password for Non-PMI Meeting
If you would like to require passwords for meetings for all users on your account, enable this setting. A password will be automatically generated for each meeting created in Salesforce.
Zoom Phone Settings
Phone Customize Call Log Fields
To customize the Zoom Phone Call Log Panel, click View All. Here you can add or remove fields to/from the call log field.
Phone-Auto Save Call Logs
Enabled by default. With this option disabled, a delete button will be available in the call log panel to remove the call from Salesforce.
Enable Phone Message for Salesforce
Enable this option through the Zoom Phone page on Zoom.us. If this option is disabled, you will not be able to see signal status when making, answering, or ending phone calls. When you enable this setting on the Zoom Management Portal, this will be enabled on Salesforce.
Note: Your API Key and Secret must be configured above.
Configure User Settings
These settings are for the current logged in user. Each user will need to configure these settings to match their preferences.
Enable Personal Meeting ID
To have your meetings created in Salesforce use your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) instead of a generated meeting ID, check the box for PMI Enabled for Scheduled Meeting.
Email Attendees at Meeting Start
To be able to send an email to your meeting attendees when you start a meeting, check the box for Send Email to Attendees at Launch.
Send an ICS attachment in Invitation Emails
To add an ICS file attachment to meeting invites, check the box for Send ICS in Invitation Email.
Disable Invitation Email
Use this setting to disable the integration from sending the invitation email.
Note: This setting is dependent on the organization setting configured by Salesforce Admins.
User Password Settings
If the admin on your account has enabled passwords for your non-PMI meetings, users can choose whether to use the same password they use for their PMI Meetings, set a password, or generate a random password.
Sync Zoom Meetings to Google Calendar
You can sync your Zoom Meetings created in Salesforce to Google Calendar.
- Log into the Salesforce admin portal and copy the redirect URL by going to the Visualforce pages, and clicking the ZoomDetail page link.
- Login to your Google account,navigate to Google Cloud Platform Library, and create a new project.
- Search for the Google Calendar API and click Enable.
- Click Credentials > Credentials in APIs & Services > Oauth consent screen.
- Fill in the Application name, add force.com to the Authorized Domains, and save.
- Go to Create credentials > OAuth client ID > Web application and paste the redirect URL into the Authorized redirect URIs field.
- Click Create, copy both the client ID and client secret and click OK.
- Go to Client Credentials > API Key, and copy the API Key.
- Navigate to your Salesforce admin portal, open App Launcher, and choose Zoom Config.
- Under Google Calendar API Settings, check the box for Active.
- Paste the Client ID, Secret, and API Key into the appropriate fields, and save.
Create Events for Non-Salesforce Zoom Meetings for Matching Contacts/Leads
This feature will pull any Zoom Meetings that are created from outside Salesforce into Salesforce and create an event. Check the box for Active to enable this. You can also select the start time and interval at which meetings are pulled into salesforce.
Enable Remote Site Settings
- Navigate to Setup and in the Quick Find search, enter Remote Site Settings.
- Click Remote Site Settings and Edit for the Zoom and Google API.
- Ensure they are Active.
- Save your settings before exiting.