Configuring LTI Pro
Sign In, Manage, and Configure LTI Pro
LTI Pro must be installed to configure and install on your LMS, for help installing LTI Pro, please see this article.
Note: To configure and manage LTI Pro you must be a user on the account and given a Role that includes the Marketplace role privilege. Managing user user roles is documented in this support article.
How to sign in to the Zoom Marketplace and Configure LTI Pro
- Go to the Zoom Marketplace and click Sign In.
- Enter your credentials and sign in.
- Click Manage.
- Click Apps on Account and find the LTI Pro app.
- Hover over the ellipsis in the Action column and click Configure.
- Find your LTI credentials and click Edit. (If you do not have credentials listed, click Create a new credential).
- You will then see the LTI Credentials page. You can now configure and manage this instance of LTI Pro.
Configuring for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Below you will find links for installing and configuring LTI Pro for your LMS:
Note: Before installing Zoom on your LMS, you should review the LTI Pro configuration options and configure them as needed.
Configuration Options for LTI Pro
LTI Pro provides the following configuration options to optimize using the LTI.
LTI Pro provides a slightly different user interface and functionality for Instructors of a course and Students of a course. Instructors of a course are LTI Pro users that are teachers, administrators, course staff, etc. The LTI attribue “roles” is used to identify an LTI Pro user as an Instructor for that course. Please see the Identify an LTI User as an Instructor section below on how to make an LTI Pro user an Instructor. Users that are not identified as an Instructor are considered to be a Student.
Allow Students to Schedule and Host Meetings
LTI Pro administrators can allow students to schedule and host meetings. With this feature enabled, students will be able to host meetings for study groups, course work and other purposes. Student hosted meetings have the following characteristics:
- Meeting participation reports are not provided to students for student hosted meetings
- Instructors can view and delete cloud recording for any student hosted meeting
- Student access to cloud recordings for student hosted meetings follows the configuration settings described in the Cloud Recording Link for Students section below
- If the Auto Populate Alternative Host setting is enabled, only course Instructors will be automatically made alternative hosts for student hosted meetings
Enable Meeting Link to Auto Login Users
If Enable Meeting Link to Auto Login is enabled, a token will be added to the Join link which will cause the user that clicks the Join link to be automatically logged into their Zoom client for the duration of the meeting.
NOTE: Only the Join button provided in LTI Pro will have the “login token” which logs users into their Zoom account. The meeting links provided in Canvas Calendar, D2L Calendar or Moodle Calendar will not contain the “login token”, and therefore users that click these links will not be automatically logged into their Zoom client.
Auto Provision Zoom Users
If Auto Provision Zoom Users is enabled, LTI Pro users that do not have a user account can have a user account automatically created for them by LTI Pro. LTI Pro administrators can choose to auto provision user accounts for Instructors only or for both Instructors and Students.
If the Zoom account associated with LTI Pro has Associated Domain enabled and the email address of the user has a domain that is an Associated Domain, the user account is provisioned without sending the user an account activation email. If Associated Domain is disabled or the email address of the user does not have a domain that is an Associated Domain, the user will need to activate their Zoom user account by responding to the account activation email.
LTI Pro administrators can control which users get auto provisioned with the Whitelisted email domains setting. If one or more Whitelisted email domains is added, then only LTI Pro users with email addresses that have a domain matching a whitelisted domain will have a Zoom user account auto provisioned for them.
LTI Pro users can be auto provisioned with either a Basic, Licensed or On-Prem user type.
Auto Populate Alternative Host
If Auto Populate Alternative Host is enabled, then any Instructor of a course will automatically be made an alternative host for Zoom meetings hosted by Instructors only or Zoom meetings hosted by Instructors and Students if they have a Role which identifies them as a user which should be made an Alternative Host.
Attendance reports can be disabled so that they do not appear in previous meetings, or they can be enabled so they are seen in previous meetings.
Cloud Recording Link for Students
If the Cloud Recording Link is enabled, LTI users that are students will see links to the cloud recordings of their previous meetings and in the cloud recording tab. If All is selected, then the link to the recording will be available when the meeting is complete. If Published is selected, then the link to the recording will only be available when an instructor or staff Publishes the recording.
Auto Upgrade Zoom Users
LTI Pro administrators can now automatically change the user type of Instructors only or Instructors and Students from Basic to Pro or Corp when they use LTI Pro.
Identify an LTI User as an Instructor
When a user clicks on the link to use LTI Pro, LTI Pro looks at the LTI attribute to identify whether that user is an Instructor which allows the mto schedule, start, and manage Zoom meetings associated with a course.
The default roles that identify a user as an Instructor are the following:
- Teaching Assistant
- Course Builder
With the February 2019 LTI Pro release, LTI Admins can now customize the roles that identify a user as an Instructor.
To add a role, simply type a new role into the Identify an LTI User as an Instructor text box and hit return.
To remove a role, simply hit the X shown to the right of the role.
Here is an example that shows Staff added as a role that identifies the LTI Pro user as an Instructor.
Set LTI Attributes to set Email Address of LTI User
This field can be set to specify an LTI attribute or attributes that can set the email address which will be used to link the LTI user to their Zoom user account. There are three different formats that can be used in the field for setting the email address:
Example of lti_attribute_email_address option:
In this example, the email address of the LTI Pro user will be set based on the following:
Value of LTI attribute email_address
Example of lti_attribute_email_name@lti_attribute_email_domain option:
In this example, the email address of the LTI Pro user will be set based on the following:
Value of email_name LTI attribute + @ + Value of email_domain LTI attribute Example of lti_attribute_email_name@email_domain option:
In this example, the email address of the LTI Pro user will be set based to the following:
Value of email_name LTI attribute + @ + school.edu
- Note: in this example we will check to see if school.edu is an LTI attribute, if school.edu is not an LTI attribute then then string school.edu will be used as the domain for the email address.*
Configure timezone origin and set default timezone
If LTI Pro is selected, then LTI Pro will set the timezone of the LTI user to the timezone that was set in LTI Pro.
If LMS is selected and the LTI attribute custom_person_address_timezone exists, then LTI Pro will set the timezone of the LTI Pro user from the value of that attribute.
If LMS is selected and the LTI attribute custom_person_address_timezone does not exist, then the default timezone will be used to set the time zone for the LTI Pro user.
Configure Tracking Field
LTI Pro allows tracking fields to be set for Zoom Meetings. Each tracking field can be configured so that the value of the tracking field is set from an LTI attribute.
Universities and schools can set specific tracking fields for colleges. This will allow IT admins to filter the Zoom Dashboard by tracking fields and be able to see live and past meetings associated with a specific college.
Note: For LTI Pro to be able to set a tracking field for a meeting, the tracking field must have the following option enabled:
[ ] This field is required when scheduling a meeting
LTI Pro supports assigning Instructors to a Group based on an LTI attribute and value match.
Note: The attribute name and attribute name with custom appended will match. For instance, in the example configuration above, either an attribute name of group or custom_group will match.
Customize Launch Error Message and URL
A common problem is that LTI users try to use LTI Pro, but they have a Zoom user account that is not within the Zoom account associated with LTI Pro installation.
When this error happens a user can get a customized error message and be provided a link to sign in to the Zoom account associated with the LTI Pro installation.
The Sign in URL can be set to any URL. It commonly set to the the Vanity URL of the main account or sub account.
Customize “Get Training” Link and Text
The “Get Training” link and text can now be customized, so that customers can direct their users to training or support documentation provided by them.
Configure Approved Domains
As a Zoom admin sign in to the LTI Pro app on Zoom’s Marketplace and go to the LTI Pro configuration page.
Set the Approved Domains section of the LTI Pro configuration page. Here is an example:
Make sure that all domains that can be used to access the LMS and LTI Pro are entered in this field. Also, make sure that the domains entered do not include a trailing /.
Import Meetings via CSV
LTI Pro supports bulk importing of meetings via CSV file. Course meetings can be created programmatically via Zoom’s REST API and then imported into LTI Pro courses via CSV files by doing the following:
- Create your meetings via Zoom’s REST API. For more information on creating meetings via the REST API, please see this link.
- Either disable the “Auto Populate Alternative Host” setting. (This is because the admin who imports the meetings on the LTI Pro configuration will be an alternative host of the meeting.) or Create a new Credential only used to import meetings and do not change any settings in the configuration page of LTI Pro.
- Create CSV file(s) to Import meeting:
- To see an example of columns required for the CSV file, on the LTI Pro configuration page go to the Import Meeting section and click “Download a CSV Template”
- Create a CSV meeting import file via a script or manually with the following columns:
- Meeting ID - the meeting ID of the meeting being imported to a course
- Context ID - the Context ID associated with the course that the meeting will be associated with
- Domain - the Domain that is used to access the LMS
- custom_canvas_course_id - only required in order to support Canvas Calendar and Conversations
- Import meetings by clicking the “Import CSV” button in the Import Meetings section of the LTI Pro configuration page
Note: There is a limit of 1000 meetings that can be imported per CSV file
IMPORTANT - There is no way to bulk remove meetings from LTI Pro, so before you bulk import meetings to LTI Pro, test Importing a few meetings and verify it works and verify a large CSV meeting import meeting file is accurate.
- Import the completed CSV. Once it is complete, you will receive an email confirming the import from Zoom.
For additional help or technical support please submit a ticket.